Monday, September 21, 2009

reflection #1

Vocabulary is very important. I know by experience the more vocabulary I know the better I can communicate with people around me. Learning and studying vocabulary for the class has help to understand the book and the lessons we learn in class a lot better.

I believe that once you have been exposed to something you tend to pay attention to it more. For instance if I learn a new word I tend to find it in a lot of different places that I would probably never think in seeing. Its much better to find a word, know what it means instead of just skipping past it like most do with unknown vocabulary.

When usually reading and I don’t know what a word means, I tend to just skip it and guess what it means, or fit anything that might go in with that sentence. Now I try a lot to look up an unknown word and use it as much as I can so I can get the full meaning of it.

I use a lot of the words that I find. Knowing a lot of different words helps one communicate a lot better as oppose to one that doesn’t have a ride range of vocabulary.

There are some words that I learn and never use in my own personal vocabulary. But there a some words I learn and use in my day to day life and those are the words I remember long term. It’s a horrible feeling to study so hard for a vocabulary test then forget the words right after you take the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment